What is Alas20?
RECOGNIZING SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP
Although many companies and professionals are working hard to integrate good sustainable development practices into their business, to date no recognition has been made of those who truly stand out for their leadership in the public disclosure of sustainability information.
In response to this need, GovernArt organizes ALAS20 in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, an Agenda of Sustainable Leaders that promotes and recognizes those companies, investors and professionals that stand out for their leadership in environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) issues, and actively contribute to the sustainable development of Latin America and its capital market.
The participation in ALAS20 allows:
- To raise the international profile of the organizations and professionals that promote a sustainable development agenda in Latin America.
- Recognize the organizations and professionals which achieve excellence in the public disclosure of information on best practices on sustainable development, corporate governance, and responsible investment.
- Create a meeting space for organizations and professionals who promote good practices in sustainable development, corporate governance, and responsible investment, with the aim of sharing and developing their knowledge and experiences.
- Establish standards for public disclosure of information on best practices in sustainable development, corporate governance, and responsible investment.
- Promote an agenda for the future, oriented towards convergence in sustainable pro-development practices, between companies and investors in the capital market.
- Give the opportunity to international investors to recognize Latin American organizations and professionals who stand out for their commitment to the public disclosure of information on sustainable development. Furthermore, ALAS20 is an instance to create networks and disseminate these practices in the capital markets of Latin America.
There are several instances for you to join ALAS20 and participate in this pioneering initiative:
- You can register in the ALAS20 Newsletter to receive monthly information about its development, sponsors, news, nominated and winners. Sign up here.
- You can download the “Participant Kit”, a set of free logos that will allow you to communicate and promote on your corporate website the participation of your company in ALAS20. Download the “Participant Kit” here.
- You can be nominated in ALAS20 Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico or Peru, through the perception survey of sustainability, corporate governance, and responsible investment. The nomination does not require registration or payment, and will only be possible based on your own achievements, and what your relevant stakeholders think of you. Review the voting process here.
- You can be nominated in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico or Peru as one of the 10 best organizations in each category of ALAS20. This Nomination will give you the right to have your company’s evaluation carried out by VIGEO EIRIS, a Extra-Financial Risk Rating Agency, and to be considered by the Jury of ALAS20. Check the categories here.
- You can be chosen by the Jury to be part of the group of organizations recognized as winners in the categories of ALAS20. Check here ALAS20 winners for 2016.
- You can be recognized as the best in your country in the categories Company ALAS20, or Institution ALAS20, and if you succeed, you will be a candidate to be recognized as “the best of the best” in Latin America, in the categories Grand Prix Company ALAS20, or Grand Prix Institution ALAS20.
You can also participate in the workshops, round tables, training programs, certifications, and conferences that ALAS20 carries out through its Annual Training Program, in addition to the Networking and Engagement activities developed by ALAS20. Check out our Training Program here.